All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Editor. We’re ramping up production in several verticals — including history, science, and news — with this position acting as a catalyst for growth in our output. As the Assistant Editor, you will:
– Edit 8-12 posts per week along with crafting copy for social and search
– Coordinate with freelancers and staff writers
– Pitch, ideate, and produce your own articles
– Become an integral part in developing and executing All That’s Interesting’s editorial strategy
Desired qualifications are:
– Two years editing content for a digital publisher
– Ability to synthesize complex issues in a straightforward and compelling manner for an online audience
– Working knowledge of WordPress as well as some experience with best practices for search and social media
– Comfortable with basic image manipulation and editing
– Interest in a breadth of topics, including history, true crime, science, and current events
This position can be done remotely full-time; however, preference will be given to candidates in the New York City metropolitan area. Compensation is $50k a year along with health insurance benefits, partial cell phone reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with links to two of your published writing samples to [email protected] Those with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From the untold story of Belgium’s genocide in the Congo to Pablo Escobar’s hippos that are now terrorizing the Colombian countryside, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world and its history.
Currently, All That’s Interesting is seeking detail-oriented, search- and social-focused remote editors to help strengthen our content.
As a remote editor, you’ll be expected to shape content for SEO and sculpt for social media in addition to doing basic copy and line editing as well as fact-checking. Ideal candidates will have some training in best practices for search and social, along with basic photo editing skills and traditional editing competencies.
Experience with WordPress required and being based in New York a plus.
Remuneration starts at $27.5 an hour. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of work you’ve edited or written to [email protected]
Subject-Level Freelance Writers
All That’s Interesting is seeking topic-specific freelance writers to help strengthen our content. Writers with a proven track record in only these subject areas should please apply and include their subject area in the subject line of their email:
World War II
As a freelance writer, you’ll be expected to craft posts of 800 to 1,200 words in WordPress while also sourcing and adding images as well as doing some light sculpting for SEO and social media. Ideal candidates will have a history of publishing content within the specific content areas listed above, ample experience with WordPress, basic photo editing skills, and some knowledge of SEO.
Remuneration starts at $150 per post. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and two pitches within your subject area to [email protected]
Freelance Social Copywrite Specialist
All That’s Interesting is seeking a freelance copywriter to help frame and sculpt our content for social media, primarily Facebook.
As a remote copywriter, you’ll work collaboratively to ideate and select titles, captions, and images that will be used on social for our articles. Copywriters will likewise research successful strategies for shaping this copy as well as source images for use on social.
Ideal candidates will have experience writing copy for social media, thorough knowledge of overarching best practices on social, and basic photo sourcing and editing abilities. Experience with history- and science-related content a plus.
Remuneration begins at $25 per hour and the position will start at 10 hours per week, which will increase depending on performance and need. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of your work writing social copy to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is looking for a freelance gallery contributor with a track record of creating successful, photo-based content. We cover a wide array of subjects — including history, intriguing places, upbeat news, science, and true crime — and are seeking a contributor who can source photos and craft content in these areas.
Duties and responsibilities for this position include:
* Pitch and execute galleries at a rate of one to two per week.
* Source, edit, and upload photos to our CMS, adding captions and credits.
* Write posts of about 600-1,200 words to go along with the gallery.
An ideal candidate will have:
* Proven experience pitching and creating content for digital publishers (see sample requirements at bottom).
* Must be able to independently manage deadlines and turn in completed posts on time.
* Experience with WordPress.
* Familiarity with online fair-use image databases such as the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library, and the ability to seek out other photos for use in gallery posts. Knowledge of Getty Images a plus.
Remuneration begins at $100 per gallery with payment increasing over time based on experience and performance.
To be considered, please send [email protected] an email that includes your resume, two published samples, a brief cover letter, and two galleries you think might perform well on All That’s Interesting.
All That’s Interesting is seeking freelance writers to help strengthen our content and share some of history’s most interesting stories.
As a contributor, you’ll be asked to create features and galleries that explore the depths of humanity’s past. We consistently receive 15 million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet. Instead, it will be viewed and shared by curious minds like yours.
WordPress and SEO experience strongly preferred. To apply, please send a resume, clips, brief statement on your interests, and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected]