All That’s Interesting is looking for a motivated individual to join our team as an Assistant Editor. We’re ramping up production in several verticals — including history, true crime, science, and news — with this position acting as a catalyst for growth in our output. Ideal candidates will be around two to four years into their career in digital publishing and looking for an opportunity to gain more responsibility. As the Assistant Editor, you will:
– Edit 8 to 12 posts per week
– Craft copy and images for social media and search engine optimization
– Pitch, ideate, and produce your own articles
– Coordinate with freelancers and staff writers
– Become an integral part in developing and executing All That’s Interesting’s editorial strategy
Desired qualifications are:
– At least two years of experience in digital publishing, including editing, writing, copywriting, or social media management
– Familiarity with best practices for search, including use of SEO research tools like SEMrush
– Experience with best practices for social media, including use of analytics tools such as CrowdTangle
– Working knowledge of WordPress
– Comfortable with basic image manipulation and editing
– Interest in a breadth of topics, including history, true crime, science, and current events
This position can be done remotely full-time and compensation is $52k a year along with health insurance benefits, partial home expenses reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with links to two of your published writing samples to [email protected]. Those with diverse backgrounds and experiences are encouraged to apply.
All That’s Interesting is offering a five-month remote Editorial Fellowship set to begin in July or August 2023. We’re looking for a self-motivated and detail-oriented college student or young professional who seeks to gain experience in digital publishing.
As part of our editorial team, you’ll be a key part in helping the site grow and produce high-quality content on a daily basis. Your primary responsibilities will include:
* Identifying trending topics and breaking news for the site to cover
* Writing and editing short-form articles under tight deadlines
* Participating in special projects, including our podcast, if they align with your skills and interests
An ideal candidate will be:
* A strong writer who has demonstrated experience writing in the digital sphere
* Able to produce clean, clear, and accurate copy quickly and consistently
* Competent with WordPress and basic photo editing and sourcing
* Savvy in utilizing social media to generate story ideas
* Academic background or personal interest in history, science, or true crime is preferable but not necessary
The position requires working between 24 and 30 hours a week in a fully remote capacity as well as a five-month commitment. As part of your internship, you’ll receive regular feedback from editors on your writing and have exposure to an audience of nearly 10 million readers per month with full attribution in your byline and your own author page.
Remuneration starts at $18 an hour. We’re also happy to provide the necessary documentation if you’d like to obtain academic credit for this internship.
To apply, please email [email protected] with your resume, three stories that you think might perform well on the site, and links to any published clips you may have.
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From the untold story of Belgium’s genocide in the Congo to Pablo Escobar’s hippos that are now terrorizing the Colombian countryside, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world and its history.
Currently, All That’s Interesting is seeking detail-oriented, search- and social-focused remote editors to help strengthen our content.
As a remote editor, you’ll be expected to shape content for SEO and sculpt for social media in addition to doing basic copy and line editing as well as fact-checking. Ideal candidates will have some training in best practices for search and social, along with basic photo editing skills and traditional editing competencies.
Experience with WordPress required and being based in New York a plus.
Remuneration starts at $27.5 an hour. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of work you’ve edited or written to [email protected].
Subject-Level Freelance Writers
All That’s Interesting is seeking topic-specific freelance writers to help strengthen our content. Writers with a proven track record in these subject areas should please apply and include their area in the subject line of their email:
World War II
As a freelance writer, you’ll be expected to craft articles of 800 to 1,500 words in WordPress while also sourcing and adding images as well as doing some light sculpting for SEO and social media. Ideal candidates will have a history of publishing content within the specific content areas listed above, ample experience with WordPress, basic photo editing skills, and some knowledge of SEO.
Remuneration starts at $150 per post. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, samples of your work, and two pitches within your subject area to [email protected].
All That’s Interesting is seeking freelance writers to help strengthen our content and share some of history’s most interesting stories.
As a contributor, you’ll be asked to create features and galleries that explore the depths of humanity’s past. We consistently receive 15 million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet. Instead, it will be viewed and shared by curious minds like yours.
WordPress and SEO experience strongly preferred. To apply, please send a resume, clips, brief statement on your interests, and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected].