Social Media Manager, Instagram & Newsletters
All That’s Interesting is looking for a detail-oriented digital marketer to join our team as an Instagram & Newsletter Manager. You’ll be managing our rapidly growing Instagram accounts and newsletters, expanding our paid distribution efforts, and developing new avenues of audience acquisition.
As the Instagram & Newsletter Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Day-to-day management of our newsletters and Instagram presence
* Competitive landscaping and integrating your insights into our tactics
* Developing and executing initiatives to expand our audience
* Producing reports that inform our editorial and social strategy
* At least two years of experience managing a significant social media presence
* Familiarity with Photoshop and Spark (or comparable video and photo editing software) for crafting Instagram posts and stories
* Capable of writing engaging and crisp copy that requires minimal editing
* Ability to work with Analytics to make data-driven decisions
* An interest in a wide array of subjects, including history, science, and news
* Experience with WordPress and MailChimp beneficial but not required
You’ll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Remuneration is $52.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, matching 401k after your first year, partial cell phone plan reimbursement, MTA card reimbursement, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with an example of a brand’s social approach that you admire (and why) to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From the untold story of Belgium’s genocide in the Congo to Pablo Escobar’s hippos that are now terrorizing the Colombian countryside, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world and its history.
Currently, All That’s Interesting is seeking detail-oriented, search- and social-focused remote editors to help strengthen our content.
As a remote editor, you’ll be expected to shape content for SEO and sculpt for social media in addition to doing basic copy and line editing as well as fact-checking. Ideal candidates will have some training in best practices for search and social, along with basic photo editing skills and traditional editing competencies.
Experience with WordPress required and being based in New York a plus.
Remuneration starts at $27.5 an hour. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of work you’ve edited or written to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is looking for a freelance gallery contributor with a proven record of creating successful, photo-based online content. We cover a wide array of subjects — including history, unusual places, science, and true crime — and are seeking a contributor who can source photos and craft content in these core areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Pitch and execute galleries as needed at a variable rate of about one to two per week.
* Source, edit, and upload photos to our CMS, adding captions and credits.
* Write posts of about 600-1,200 words to go along with the gallery.
* Sculpt posts for search and social optimization via titles and other copy.
* Proven experience pitching and creating content for digital publishers (see sample requirements at bottom).
* Must be able to independently manage deadlines and turn in completed posts on time, every time.
* Ample experience with WordPress.
* Experience with shaping content for SEO and Facebook a major plus.
* Familiarity with online fair-use image databases such as the Library of Congress and the New York Public Library, and the ability to seek out other databases for use in gallery posts. Knowledge of Getty Images a plus.
Remuneration begins at $75 per gallery, with payment increasing over time based on experience and performance.
To be considered, please send [email protected] an email that includes your resume, three published samples, a brief cover letter, and three galleries you think might perform well on All That’s Interesting.
All That’s Interesting is seeking freelance writers to help strengthen our content and share some of history’s most interesting stories.
As a contributor, you’ll be asked to create features and galleries that explore the depths of humanity’s past. We consistently receive 15 million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet. Instead, it will be viewed and shared by curious minds like yours.
WordPress and SEO experience strongly preferred. To apply, please send a resume, clips, brief statement on your interests, and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected]