All That’s Interesting is looking for an experienced individual with a digital-first background to join our Brooklyn team as Managing Editor. With over 15 million visitors a month and a growing team, we are looking to increase our output and sharpen our editorial processes while expanding into new arenas.
As the Managing Editor, you will:
* Review existing editorial processes to identify areas of improvement and implement improvements to accelerate editorial output
* Leverage insights from search and social as well as competitive landscaping to inform editorial decision making
* Manage staff writers and freelancers as well as our editorial calendar
* Pursue external partnerships and syndication deals
* Edit 3-5 posts per day
* Produce content for All That’s Interesting as needed
* Become an integral part of developing editorial strategy and scope
Minimum qualifications to be considered for this position are:
* Three to five years editing content and managing writers for a reputable digital publisher
* One to three years of experience growing an online publication in an editorial capacity, preferably in a managerial role
* Ability to synthesize complex issues in a compelling and engaging manner for an online audience
* Deep understanding of search and social channels, and best practices for both
* Knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics and Photoshop (or equivalent image editing software)
You’ll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Compensation is $60.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, a free monthly unlimited MTA card, partial cell phone reimbursement, matching 401k after your first year, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume, a brief background of yourself, and how you’ve helped develop a digital publication to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From the untold story of Belgium’s genocide of the Congo to Pablo Escobar’s hippos that are now terrorizing the Colombian countryside, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world and its history.
Currently, All That’s Interesting is seeking detail-oriented, search- and social-focused remote editors to help strengthen our content.
As a remote editor, you’ll be expected to shape content for SEO and sculpt for social media in addition to basic copy and line editing as well as fact-checking. Ideal candidates will have some training in best practices for search and social, along with basic photo editing skills and traditional editing competencies.
Experience with WordPress required and being based in New York a plus.
Remuneration starts at $26 an hour. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and samples of work you’ve edited or written to [email protected]
Instagram & Newsletter Manager
All That’s Interesting is looking for a detail-oriented digital marketer to join our team as an Instagram & Newsletter Manager. You’ll be managing our quickly growing Instagram accounts and newsletter, expanding our paid distribution efforts, and developing new avenues of audience acquisition.
As the Instagram & Newsletter Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Day-to-day management of Instagram and our newsletter
* Competitive landscaping and integrating your insights into our tactics
* Developing and executing initiatives to expand our audience
* Producing reports that inform our editorial and social approach
* At least two years of experience managing a significant social media presence
* Familiarity with Photoshop and Spark (or comparable video and photo editing software) for crafting Instagram posts and stories
* Capable of writing engaging and crisp copy that requires minimal editing
* Ability to work with Analytics to make data-driven decisions
* An interest in a wide array of subjects, including history, science, and news
* Experience with WordPress and MailChimp beneficial but not required
You’ll be working out of our office in Prospect Heights in Brooklyn, New York. Remuneration is $46.5k a year along with health insurance benefits, matching 401k after your first year, partial cell phone plan reimbursement, MTA card reimbursement, and a generous vacation policy.
To apply, please send your resume along with an example of a brands social approach that you admire (and why) to [email protected]
All That’s Interesting is the premier creator of fascinating content that is as substantive as it is shareworthy. From the untold story of the all-female flying squadron of the Soviet Union to the gruesome deaths of Bonnie and Clyde, we create and curate content that sheds light on the most intriguing corners of our world and its history.
Currently, All That’s Interesting is seeking freelance writers to help strengthen our content and share some of history’s most interesting stories.
As a contributor, you’ll be asked to create features and galleries that explore the depths of humanity’s past. We consistently receive 10 million visitors a month, so your work won’t get lost in the vastness that is the Internet. Instead, it will be viewed and shared by curious minds like yours.
WordPress and SEO experience strongly preferred. To apply, please send a resume, clips, brief statement on your interests, and the most fascinating content you’ve come across in the past week to [email protected]